I came across a page of 100 quotes applying to different ages we pass through as we grow older and hopefully, wiser. Here are a few of my favorites from the page:
- People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.
Leo J. Burke
- A characteristic of the normal child is he doesn’t act that way very often.
- Nature gives us twelve years to develop a love for our children before turning them into teenagers.
William Galvin (paraphrased)
- Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle.
- The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you’ll grow out of it.
- Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
See the rest here.
Oh, and the lessons to be learnt? Enjoy life because it flies by!